Monday, December 12, 2005

I've officially turned into a big wimp. I totally broke down in church again yesterday, the second time in three weeks. The grace of God and His characteristics of love and mercy and truth continue to be impressed on me, and I humble break apart. Yesterday it was a few Christmas songs that broke me, especially a few lines:

Silent Night, Holy Night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin, mother and child...

Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy Holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace...

Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious mourn...

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand...

Truly He taught us to love one another
His law is love and His gospel is peace
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother
And in his name all oppression shall cease...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A big wimp? As I recall, David was the type of man that would "break down" due to God's beauty, love and mercy. And I sho know he wa'nt no wimp! Praise be that He has touched you that deeply!