Thursday, December 08, 2005

Well, another reminder that the New Year is right around the corner, my tax bill came in the mail today.

Speaking of winter, I had two instances of my life flast before me in the past 24 hours. Last night I totally missed a red light, had I not caught it just in time I would have t-boned an old lady in a station wagon, leading to who knows what (the thought just crossed my mind, I could have hit her, killed her, and be facing jail time right now. How thankful I am for the Lord's providence). Thanks Lord! Then tonight, on my way home from practice, a semi stopped sharp in front of me, I caught it late, and had I not swerved into the oncoming lane (after checking that no cars were coming) I would have eaten his steel bumper. I need to be careful.

I have to laugh, I have this ultra-liberal, toe-the-DNC-party-line teacher friend whom I have had many a discussion with in the past few years, and I shared with him some of my thoughts on Sachs' book. Now, I thought this might be one area we might agree, Sachs is clearly liberal and some of the solutions he proposes fit in with DNC protocol, this guy is on the same side as my friend, although he is a little more balanced, not taking a political side but saying it how he sees it. Not good enough for my friend, he blasted some of my comments and quotes. It makes me laught, he is such a hack, unless NPR or Howard Dean or Bill Clinton does or says something, it's wrong. Furthermore, Sachs cites specific claims that neither H or W Bush nor Bill Clinton have been perfect when it comes to fighting poverty or disease, but he still claims that Clinton's policies were totally effective (even though he admits he was a slimeball for a person), and as soon as another Dem gets in there all will change, and if not, it'll be Bush's fault.

Now, I'm not a Bush fan, I voted for him basically out of disgust with Kerry, but had I to do it over again I would have voted Libertarian or not at all, his last few years have been a joke. I'm saying that I'm not a Republican, I'm too conservative for that party, I'm independent and can appreciate a work like Sachs' or other liberal and conserative materials who are open-minded and not simply a hack for their party. I hate Hannity, love Savage!

No comments: