Sunday, December 18, 2005

Lately I've been wondering when my two-year anniversary was, I checked it tonight and what do you know, today's the day. Happy Anniversary to me. I still don't have more than a few readers, but...

Only in WI, it was around 10 degrees here yesterday and with the wind it felt much colder, yet at my local grocer there was a brat fry. The onions were frozen in the container. How could I turn that down, little old ladies in a booth freezing, but raising money for families to be adopted this Christmas. Great cause, great time!

Great game on Friday night, we fell behind early, and I thought we had no chance of coming back. We cut it to two at the half and were up seven with a few minutes left, they came back to take a one point lead, we tied it, then stopped them and had the ball with ten seconds left. We set a screen for our point guard and they just plowed her over. Our ninth kid stepped to the line and nailed two FT's to win the game. They were supposed to be the second best team in the conference, we went there and beat them. Now it's the battle of undefeated's, Fondy comes into our place on Thursday night as one of the top three teams in the state, I think we can take them, it's been twenty conference home wins in a row. I'll update after the game.

3 comments:

James said...

It's not the quantity of readers but the quality!!

Nice win. Our freshman lost thanks to getting outscored 16-2 in the second quarter. However, our varsity won a big conference game on the road. First win at Deerfield in 4 years.

I hear you on the weather. I sat there and looked out the window today thinking, man, it is really sunny. Then you set foot out there and your notrils freeze shut and any exposed skin immediately begins getting frost bite. It's quite ridiculous.

edluv said...

don't know when or how i got here, but i've enjoyed being a part of the reading community.

JPN said...

Man, I so appreciate your joining this community, I have been challenged by your thoughts, especially on the death penalty. You have added many insights, thanks! I get to CA at least twice a year, maybe we can hook up sometime.