Sunday, May 28, 2006

Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx have an interesting conversation in the movie "Collateral":

TC: Six billion people on the planet and you're bent out of shape because of one fat guy.
JF: Who was he?
TC: What do you care?
TC: Have you ever heard of Rwanda?
JF: Yes, I know Rwanda.
TC: Tens of thousands killed before sundown. Nobody's killed that fast since Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Did you bat an eye Max?
JF: What?
TC: Did you join Amnesty International or Oxfam? Save the Whale, Greenpeace or something? No. I off one fat Angeleno and you throw a hissy fit.
JF: I don't know any Rwandans.
TC: You don't now the guy in that trunk either.

Like I said, interesting. What do you make of this?

1 comment:

Adam Nate said...

It makes me think of many things, but in particular some scenes from Safely Home (novel by Randy Alcorn that I would highly recommend to anyone with two spare evenings - it reads that fast). There were a few times when "the Watchers" were referenced - angels keeping record of good and evil on behalf of Jesus. There is so much we don't know, so much that goes unseen given our human limitations. But our reigning King is not limited. He sees all. And I trust that perfect justice will be realized one day. Maranatha!