Friday, January 14, 2005

The following is an exchange between Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss, who had just been fined $10,000 by the NFL for his mooning incident in Sunday's game, and a reporter from KARE-TV in Minneapolis:

Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"
Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."
Reporter: "If you don't write checks how to you pay these guys?"
Moss: "Straight cash, homey."
Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"
Moss: "No. It ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but ten grand. What's ten grand to me? Ain't [expletive]. ..Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing...Thanks Randy!

In other news and views, I have many thoughts on the continued disunity I see in Christian groups. We are becoming more and more separated in the body as time continues. Some of this is of course good, as separation needs to happen for growth to occur. But I am talking more on what we may refer to the fringe groups in the body, those doing the crazy and totally into the supernatural in an unbalanced way. God tells one of these groups one thing and the next group something totally different, who are we to believe? I had a good conversation about this last night with a friend and what we seemed to deduce was that the group that is closest to Scripture is the one that is probably closest to the truth. What God told the early Church through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and Paul, Luke, Peter and John, He probably would say the same thing to us today. Now He is sovereign and can do as He pleases, but I would tend to use this as a good principle.

BTW - my reference for this is a new ministry by a lady whom I know and I was perusing her web site the other night. We can discuss this in greater detail in person if any of you would like.

No comments: