Saturday, January 01, 2005

I just finished the movie "Garden State." I enjoyed it, although I'm not sure what the point was. What I got out of it was to live and enjoy life, to let yourself love, and to laugh off the bad in life.

This falls in line with one of my main goals for the New Year, which continues to be that of living the Kingdom life. Although I am still trying to figure out what that means, one of the things that has popped into my mind lately was not to take life too seriously. Obviously, there are things in life to be taken seriously, relationships, family, life with Christ, etc. But then there are things that we can take too seriously that we get off track on our journey. Work is one. People are another. People are people, some are good, some are bad, we must take the good with the bad. Enjoy the good, laugh off the bad. I think one of my themes is going to be to laugh more and enjoy the good more while not worrying so much about the bad. Does that make sense?

No comments: