Thursday, January 20, 2005

Today's sign that the Apocalypse is upon us: Don "Majik Man" Majkowski will be inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame this summer. It is official, they now let anyone in. I will be expecting my call next year.

From the annals of "There is a God": Alicia Keys announced her Spring tour yesterday and will be playing in Chicago on April 1 & 2. I feel like Bodie in "Point Break" when they were talking about the "hundred year storm" and he said "Next year it's going to hit Bells Beach in Australia and I will be there!" Alicia Keys is on tour and "I WILL BE THERE!"

On a more serious note, Maiya's new thing is that I have to cuddle or "snuggle" (in her words) with her for ten minutes before she goes to bed at night. Am I the luckiest guy in the world or what? Anyway, last night she was telling me about all of her friends (basically every child under the age of 7 that she can remember). It got me thinking that one of my biggest fears of being a father is having a child that doesn't have any friends. I don't want Maiya to be that child that is not accepted, that does not get invited to other people's houses (being that child that another kid will ask his mom, "Do I really have to invite Maiya?") or other children thinking of excuses why they can't come to our house when invited. This also makes me think back with remorse to when I was young and would be that person who didn't accept other kids my age. It's can be a tough life, especially as a young person. In additiona, I know that as a Christian, which I hope Maiya will be, she will not always be totally accepted if her faith is true, yet I still hope there are friends for her and a good life ahead of her. What else does any parent want?

No comments: