Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I am an overly paranoid person and it really bothers me. I am constantly worried about losing my job, being sued and losing everything I have, thinking something bad is going to happen to me physically, and so on. As I was going through one of these phases this evening, thinkingof all the bad things that were going to happen to me, I felt that this is really due to a lack of trust or faith. A few Scriptures came to mind:

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life...Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? - Mt. 7:25a,27
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Mt. 7:33-34
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of thd body, has the power to throw you into hell. - Luke 12:5

Of course there are many others. But the point is that these feelings are due to lack of faith. I worry about these things because I don't trust in the Lord as I should. Whom should I fear, not the things of this earth but the things of eternity. My focus needs to be there. Your prayers are appreciated.

No comments: