Tuesday, January 25, 2005

We lost a basketball game tonight. BAD! Played terrible...we are not a team, we are a collection of individuals and right now, even though we are 10-2, we are not a good team. Anyway, after the game I was livid, angry, frustrated, hot-tempered, not fun to be around...

Then I came home and Maiya was sitting on the couch being her normal goofy self. When she was putting her pajamas on she was being silly so I grabbed her and cradled her like a baby, tickled her ribs, etc. She then asked me to snuggle with her when she went to be and was just the cutest little thing.

My point is this, I lost perspective tonight. I came home and was in a terrible mood and am glad that I got things right quick. Was that game important, sure it was. We didn't play together, we didn't execute a game plan, we lost focus, etc. But it wasn't THAT big. There are people starving around the world, dying without the knowledge of Christ, being forced into slavery, and my daughter wanted me to be her daddy and play with her. We just lost a basketball game... nothing more, nothing less. Shame on me for losing focus and losing sight of the big picture.

No comments: