Friday, January 07, 2005

Today's sign that the apocalypse is upon us: Lambeau Field needs "volunteers" (they are paid $8 an hour) to shovel the bleachers before Sunday's game. Last time they asked for this, they had to turn 300-400 people away. I'd like to know how many of these people called in sick to go and shovel Lambeau.

On a personal note, I believe I am narrowing down my personal vision and philosophy on my purpose in life. I have mentioned in this space before my heart for abused and neglected children. I also am seeing more the burden I feel for what we could call "21st Century Slaves." Finally, there are those in need around the world that I feel the need to support spiritually by spreading the Gospel and helping them grow in their faith.

I say this because I have always felt the need to be very strategic in my support and missionary travels. I feel it a travesty when money is wasted on various ministries that do nothing more than support their workers' incomes. More and more, my entire support and missionary travels are going to funnel to the three areas above that the Lord has given me a heart for rather than wasted on someone sitting on a college campus having brat fry's to bring people to a group and get them to say a prayer, or supporting the building of their own personal kingdom's. May the Lord guide me in this process.

Finally, I came up on the following web site and was impressed. Check it out:
http://freetheslaves.net/home.php

No comments: