Sunday, September 25, 2005

It's been slow blogging lately as you can see, I just feel like I have nothing to say of late, and I hate writing trying to make stuff up when it's not from the heart.

I was flipping through channels the other night and came across an Amber Alert. It wasn't from my area so I was going to keep flipping, then I saw the faces of the two children, like 3 and 7, and my heart just broke for them. I wanted to do more, all I could do was pray, that was more than I could do.

They keep telling me that our generation will never be as wealthy as our parents. I just figured out why, we spend all of our money while they saved it. Jordon Cooper, a pastor from Canada, spoke at one of my grad classes and spoke how everything today is about experience, and our parents think we are crazy. But it was about experience for them too, saving for that land or the cadillac or RV was their experience, ours is coffee at Starbucks, humanitarian trips, day trips away from our kids, fancy clothes, etc.

This isn't anythingnew, and just something I believe without any hard proof, but I believe the Founding Fathers could not fathom how we think of government. For them government was by the people, not a ruling elite like we have today. Furthermore, to think how we rely on government for our existence, they should be rolling in their graves.

My vote for the best 0-3 team ever is the Oakland Raiders. They had to travel to the Super Bowl contending New England Patriots, host the Super Bowl contending Kansas City Chiefs, and travel to the Super Bowl contending Philadephia Eagles, and had a chance in each game. Their coaching really hurts them, its evident in those close games.

What happened to the vaunted Indy offense? They're 3-0 and relying on their defense. I never thought I would type those words.

I'll end by letting you know that I am blogging here from a Bed and Breakfast in Madison, beautiful area, celebrating our anniversary, great times and further proof why we'll never be as wealthy as our parents, they never did stuff like this!

No comments: