Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I've realized from some of my previous posts that I could be considered one who lacks compassion for the people of the world. However, I think that is the furthest from the truth. After some thought, I've concluded that I have a great deal of compassion for those who need it, and none for those who abuse it. For the young lady who has no food in the house since her father drinks all the money away, I have endless compassion. The same for the single parent raising her children on limited income, loving her children more than anything in the world. The elderly and sick who couldn't flee Katrina have my prayers and support, as do those who live under brutal regimes and are persecuted at every turn. That is just the tip of the iceberg of those who my heart goes out to. On the other hand, those who use and abuse the system, the lazy and sluggards who rely on the government at every turn for their survival, those who persecute and terrorize the weak, the arrogant and the overpowering, those are not in my favor and I have little compassion for them. So I am not necessarily a man who lacks total compassion, I just don't have compassion for those who really don't need it.

No comments: