Friday, September 02, 2005

Like I said yesterday, I've got to watch myself but I'm getting a little frustrated with the attitude of the people down in LA and MS. Stop the crying! Donations are being made, the federal government will bail you out, things like this just don't happen overnight. I can't help believe how much better the situation is here than the aftermath of the tsunamai. I heard complaints last night that the people were FINALLY getting air conditioning, cold water, and sewer systems. Well Praise the Lord! I would bet money that three-quarters of the world has never known cold water or AC, and a sewer system has escaped half the world. Furthermore, the FEMA director put out a statement that "help is on the way, but unfortunately the people who need the help the most were those who chose not to heed the advice of authorities and flee the city." And I don't buy the "we couldn't get out" argument, you knew a week in advance, start walking! I'm sure there were ways out, one just had to have a little wisdom.

My prayers and thoughts and wishes to those suffering, but please stop whining, help is on the way and now we get a little feel of what the rest of the world lives in. (And yes, I do hope I keep this attitude when something like this happens to my home.)

1 comment:

edluv said...

"Well Praise the Lord! I would bet money that three-quarters of the world has never known cold water or AC, and a sewer system has escaped half the world."

water. clean, drinkable water. people are dying of dehydration in the only superpower on earth. yes, rescue and relief take time, but this shouldn't happen.

"My prayers and thoughts and wishes to those suffering, but please stop whining, help is on the way and now we get a little feel of what the rest of the world lives in. (And yes, I do hope I keep this attitude when something like this happens to my home.)"

you wouldn't. i wouldn't. if our lives turned from world class city to third world nightmare in 2 days we would cry out for help. constantly.

likewise, as people of faith, it is our job to step up and respond. first response, cry out to God on their behalf. second response, find another way to help.