Monday, September 12, 2005

Predictions

A few predictions on the upcoming NFL season based on yesterday's games:

1) I hate to say it, but I have to go with the Sports Guy and say the Packers will have a terrible year, he said 4 wins, I'm going with 5. Favre will retire after this year and the Pack will have to start over after a solid 12-15 year run (not overly spectacular apart from the two Super Bowl appearances, but fairly consistent and enjoyable).

2) My fantasy team will suck! I had 23 points after Thursday night's game and now stand at 31 with only Akers playing this evening. I'm hoping for a few wins and to elude last place.

3) The Cowboys will be better than people think, I had them for 9 wins but they may hit double digits after that impressive road win in SD.

4) Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson are going to drive fantasy owners crazy, but be a double-headed monster for opposing D's.

5) Once again, to my liking, Seattle will either miss the playoffs or be a first round casualty, further tarnishing Holmgren's status as offensive guru.

6) The Saints looked good yesterday, but will not win 6 games with all the travel and chaos of their year.

7) The Raiders may not be more than a .500 team, but Moss and Collins will play catch often and be fun to watch, I'm glad they're on my fantasy team.

8) Nick Saban will bring many great years to the Dolphins, but they're still a year away, no more than 6 wins.

9) Same with the 49'ers, I hate to see a proud franchise struggle, but I think they top out at 4 wins.

10) Finally, parity will once again rule the league, all bets are off (except New England coasting to another ring, I hate the Pats!)!

4 comments:

edluv said...

23 points and you have moss and collins? wha? how is your scoring set up. in our ffl league, i've got moss and he put up 19. the guy with collins got 23 in our league and that's at 4 points for a passing td.

E said...

I see we have one more thing in common.

I have Moss too, but I'm losing by 2 points and the only one left to play is my opponent's Defense - Atlanta. I'm hoping Philly puts up 40, but I doubt that will happen.

James said...

Yes, I am one of those Priest Holmes owners who was ripping my hair out on Sunday. I just assume have John Holmes at this point. Of course my other RB is Ronnie Brown who will probably have to make way for Ricky "I'm clean now" Williams. Arrgghhh

JPN said...

Our league is terrible for scoring, 7 points for a receiving or rushing TD, 4 points for throwing a TD, and 4 points for 100 rushing/receiving yards, with 2 points for every 50 yards after. Likewise with passing, 4 for throwing for 300, 2 points every 50 after. Low scoring league, I didn't make up the rules.
Therefore, I got 12 points for Collin's 3 TD's and 11 for Moss, 7 for the TD and 4 for the yards.