Thursday, October 20, 2005

A few thoughts while perusing some magazines last night:

I find it very interesting, as Time reports, that young Germans are all of the sudden becoming less interesetd or involved in social issues and beginning to look inward at their own country. Basically they are saying screw our idealism, we need jobs and things are just too regulated and too highly taxed! They are becoming much more conservative, even as it pertains to marriage. It seems the social welfare state just isn't what it's cracked up to be.

These words, also reported by Time, should scare every Westerner: "Daddy, I want to be a martyr. Can you get me an explosive belt?" Those words from the mouth of a nine year old son of a man who trains suicide bombers.

I'm probably late in reporting this, but "ubersexual" has taken over "metrosexual" as the ideal man. This man seems to be able to balance both worlds, talking literature one minute and breaking down sports the next. Some examples given are Bill Clinton, George Clooney, and Bono. Rush Limbaugh was left off the list and is not happy about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ubersexual, huh? It sounds like the good ol' Renaissance man. Someone that can fix my car, change my oil but still appreciate quality theatre and art. Whatever you call it...I would have to agree that is the ideal man.