Thursday, October 06, 2005

I just had what may have been the best half hour of my life. I was playing around with my iTunes, downloading some music, transferring some songs from CD's, etc. when Maiya came and wanted to hang with me. She likes listening to music so I played a few songs and then we watched some Alicia Keys videos. Then I put some Hip Hop songs on and we danced. Lisa finished feeding Kendyl at that time so she joined us and we had a "dance party" according to Maiya in our basement. Then Maiya wanted to show Lisa how we cuddled watching the videos and then Maiya had to slow dance with me, I held on to her while she laid her head down on my shoulder. Precious! It was supposed to be a date night with Lisa and I but Kendyl didn't cooperate. I couldn't think of any better way of spending an evening with the family!

I'm really getting into some old school Pearl Jam, I can't stop listening to that song "Black."

Speaking of that, it's weird how certain songs and certain things I do remind me of specific events in my life. For instance, every time I hear "Black" I think of riding the bus to our junior year high school football game at Hilbert, the toughest game of the year, and we were instructed at the railroad tracks before the town, there was to be no talking. At that time "Black" came on the radio and set us off! It's a weird song to get fired up to, but we sure did! Likewise, whenever I hear "Oh Boy" by Cam'ron I think of being in Cali three years ago taking my first seminary block (I was listening to an R&B station and they played it over and over and over...). That annoying song "Barbie" reminds me of deejaying for the Mert Man and Lush Man's birthday party a while ago (speaking of the Mert Man, I flew with him on Saturday to Cincy, we reminisced and he talked about another bash, I'm in if he does it!). Two others, whenever I pour a glass of OJ I think back to when we went skiing to CO with two other couples. They came in at midnight and we left at 4:30am, I had OJ ready for the morning. Last, whenever I put clothes in the hamper I think of two friends from Madison who we met at our summer in CO, I have no idea why. There's more, but I'll spare you. I know, commit me to the psych ward!

No comments: