Monday, October 10, 2005

It sucks when all your teams are eliminated early from the playoffs. Go Angels!

Well, I survived my first full day of daddy day care without incident. A few meltdowns here and there, but for the most part we had a great day. Pretty uneventful. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I think I've got it figured out, the key is to stay ahead of the game. For Kendyl, you have to feed her before she's hungry and put her to sleep before she's tired. It sounds weird, but that's how she works. If she starts getting fussy and you are not ready to feed or nap her, you are in TROUBLE! The same with Maiya, and I need to be more on the ball with her because so much of my time in the day is devoted to Kendyle, if she needs to eat or go to the bathroom, I need to be ready, and those can't be times when Kendyl is in need. It's quite a balancing act but I'm getting used to it. (Watch, now tomorrow it'll be a disaster of a day, I sure hope not!)

One last item, I watched "Crash" last night, and if you have not seen it, go out right now and rent it. I mean that. I don't know if I have seen a more powerful movie in my life, and I've seen "Hotel Rwanda" and I thought I'd never see a more powerful flick. I won't ruin it for you, but in toward the end I had to stop the movie and go upstairs to hug my daughter in my sleep, you'll understand when you watch it.

1 comment:

PORTSIDER said...

Great call on Crash. There are so many sub-plots that's it's amazing they could all come together so powerfully.

I have to say Hotel Rwanda remains a more powerful film in my mind, though, simply because whereas Crash could happen, Hotel Rwanda doesn't leave any any room for possibilities. It's the real thing.